Semey State Medical University
About Semey State Medical University
Semey State Medical University is considered to be one of the best universities of Kazakhstan. It was founded in 1952. The university was initially named as Semipalatinsk State Medical Institute. After more than four decades, the name of the university was changed to Semey State Medical University by the orders of the Health Services Committee of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The very first batch of students got admission under the medicine faculty of SSMU in the year 1953. Gradually, other faculties were also started in the university. These faculties include the pediatrics which began in 1963, stomatology faculty in 1991, Medico-prophylactical, pharmaceutical faculty and General Medicine faulty was started in 2003. In the year 1984, SSMU started the post- diploma education in Pavlodor city. Every year around 1000 doctors pursue their post- diploma education here.
Currently there are more than 3500 students pursuing their medical education in General Medicine, pediatrics, Stomatology, pharmaceuticals and medico-prophylacties. Semey State Medical University provides the best medical education using the best equipment and up to date technology. There are around 450 teachers in the university including 35 Doctors of Sciences, 1 academician, 168 PhDs, 3 Corresponding member of the AMS RK and 4 corresponding member of the ANS RK.
The university has many hospitals affiliated where the students can practice their internship and have some practical experience under the guidance of their mentors and doctors working there.
The students live in a study-conducive environment, which encourages them to be active in other extracurricular activities. While they participate in debates, science forums, sports activities, art performances; they also gather memories to be cherished from their student life.
- Department of Modern History of Kazakhstan and General Subjects
- Department of the Kazakh and Latin Languages
- Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology
- Department of Pharmacology and Demonstrative Medicine
- Department of Public Health Care
- Department of a Food and Hygienic Disciplines
- Department of Propaedeutics of Internal Diseases
- Department of Medicine of Accidents and Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Stomatologic Disciplines
- Department of Russian and Foreign Languages
- Department of Biochemistry and Chemical Disciplines
- Anatomy and Histology Department
- Department of Pathological Anatomy and Forensic Medicine
- Department of Physiological Disciplines
- Department of Internal Medicine
- Department of the General Medical Practice
- Department of Children’s Diseases
- Department of children’s infectious diseases and phthisiology
- Surgery and traumatology department
- Department of the general surgery
- Department of neurology, psychiatry and infectious diseases
- Department of Oncology and Visual Diagnosis
- Department of immunology and dermatological venereology
- Department of military preparation
- Department of internship by internal medicine
- Department internship in general practice and further education
- Internship department on pediatrics and pediatric surgery
- Internship department on surgery
- Internship department on obstetrics and gynecology
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes